1. What is your craft?
I work with polymer clay and I enjoy making little figurines, especially animals, plants and anything cute. I also have a passion for illustration and painting.
2. What led you to take it up?
Maybe my passion for vivid colors and making little things :)
3. Which part of your work do you most enjoy?
I first draw the things that I want to make on a piece of paper and then I decide what colors I want to use for them. When the thing that I am making starts to look like the design on paper, it really makes me happy and I enjoy that part the most.
4. Which part do you find hardest?
When I have to make many of one item, it is so hard for me…I really try to avoid it but many crafters out there know that this is something that you should do :)
5. Where do you get your inspiration?
Almost everything…nature, magazines, books…
I have a huge folder in my computer that I save whatever I see and like. When I want to design new things I just lie down in the bed with my laptop and go through it all, and then I take notes and draw some sketches in a piece of paper and I write about the color combinations that I liked.
6. Do you participate in any etsy groups, and if so, which ones?
Unfortunately not at the moment.
7. What's one material your shop can't live without?
I guess my snail magnets.
8. What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
I love most of my purchases, but the one that I realy love is a pair of stud Plumeria earrings that was my first purchase from Etsy, from an Australian artist.
I love this flower a lot, I was searching for the keyword “Plumeria” and I found this one! I use it a lot and every time I use it, it makes me happy!
9. If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
One of my prints, I love to sell my illustrations.
10. If I had enough money to pick one item on my wish list from any shop on etsy to buy, it would be...
A pair of earrings from Nina Rossi. This one:
I adore her work, and I guess I should save up to get that for myself!
11. What are the top three favorite items currently listed in your store?
1. I love my Nosy toucan, I really like its color combination:
2. The second one would be my mermaid print, this print has become so gorgeous in person:
3. And the last one is the bunny pendant, it looks so cute when I wear it, it works so well for big kids like me:
12. What undiscovered artisans would you recommend the world to know?
There are many of them but if I had to pick two:
1. I adore the work of Spanish illustrator Monica Calvo, you can check her lovely website and blog. I bought one of her prints and I fell in love with it.
2. I also love the work of Leanne Ellis, so pretty and sweet.
13. What is the best advice you have ever received?
The golden rule:
“In every situation, put yourself in the place of others. By observing this golden rule, we not only help others, but in reality ourselves, for our conscience is at peace and out heart at ease. Internally, we always feel cheerful, lighthearted, and serene, and our problems are solved easier….”
It’s a part of the book “The path of perfection” by Bahram Elahi, M.D.