1. What is your craft?
I am mainly a jewelry designer at this point but I still love to paint.
2. What led you to take it up?
I walked into a bead store one day about 10 years ago and was hooked from that moment on. All the colors, textures and possibilities really spoke to me!
3. Which part of your work do you most enjoy?
I love to hole up in my studio with some good music playing and just create. When you get into that groove (you know what I'm talking about!) it really is magical, as cheesy as that sounds! It's the whole reason I chose to pursue this as a business.
4. Which part do you find hardest?
I find the marketing/networking part the hardest. It doesn't come naturally to me so I really have to work hard at it.
5. Where do you get your inspiration?
I get a lot of my inspiration from the beads themselves. Colors, shapes, and textures all start to form ideas in my head - I really enjoy listening to that and seeing what works and what doesn't. I also love to see other artists out there just doing what they do - it doesn't matter what medium, it's all inspiring to me!
6. Do you participate in any etsy groups, and if so, which ones?
I'm part of the Hornet's Nest Chapter of the North Carolina team.
7. What's one material your shop can't live without?
Vintage beads! I love them...
8. What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
I buy lots of stuff on etsy so it's hard to pick just one! I will say yummy lip gloss and handmade soap from Haunt.
I love to use handmade soap - it is one of my indulgences -
and her's are sooooo good!
9. If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
That would be the Katia necklace.
It is one of my favorite new designs - the Japanese tensha beads are so pretty!
10. If I had enough money to pick one item on my wish list from any shop on etsy to buy, it would be...
The Vintage Martian chair from sprucehome would so be in my living room right now if I could afford it!
The shape is cool and the fabric choice is just beautiful.
*Editor's note: I couldn't locate the exact chair mentioned so I included another of their amazing pieces!*
11. What are the top three favorite items currently listed in your store?
I feel like I'm cheating on all the others!
12. What undiscovered artisans would you recommend the world to know?
There are so many! I love my friend Janice Tucker's paintings, and my friend Randon makes amazing prayer beads. I'm still trying to convince them to start etsy shops! I also love ValerieJoan's illustations here on etsy!
13. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Always wear clean underwear. Just kidding! My friend Timmy taught me to be open to what the universe puts in my path. Look around, smile, and be ready to find what you need.
And always wear clean underwear! That one came from mom!