1. What is your craft?
I make felt jewelry. I have always liked to experiment with various materials, but felting was love at first touch.
2. What led you to take it up?
I needed a creative outlet that would counter the affects of being the center of our young son's universe 24/7.
3. Which part of your work do you most enjoy?
I get the most joy from the process itself, taking a handful of wool and transforming into something that can be worn.
4. Which part do you find hardest?
The most difficult part of this is the marketing and sales end of things. That is the part that actually seems like work to me.
5. Where do you get your inspiration?
I draw my inspiration from the world around me and the colors and materials in front of me.
6. Do you participate in any etsy groups, and if so, which ones?
I plan to in the very near future. If they will have me!
7. What's one material your shop can't live without?
Pure, soft 100% Merino wool! Sooooooooooooo sooooooooooffffftttttttt!
8. What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
A necklace I bought a while back from Filzlaus,
who ultimately inspired me to drop the polymer and pick up the wool!
9. If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
I would love to sell my Manic Organic necklace
I would like to hear the comments that it would get when the buyer wears it out on the town!
10. If I had enough money to pick one item on my wish list from any shop on etsy to buy, it would be...
I would love to have the money to buy the AASIA mahogany bed from attiladesign:
It looks so warm and comfortable to lounge around in. It also would go nicely with a crazy wall unit that my husband made from left over wood that our house's previous owner's left behind.
11. What are the top three favorite items currently listed in your store?
Lush Line Abstract Flower Necklace
Green Multi Strand Felt Necklace
Ethnic Style Felt Necklace
12. What undiscovered artisans would you recommend the world to know?
I have seen their jewelry in person and am impressed with the high quality of their work. Online photos do not do them justice.
13. What is the best advice you have ever received?
My husband always says “I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.” which is a quote by his favorite author Kurt Vonnegut.
He also mentions Vonnegut as saying “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”