1. What is your craft?
My craft is making modern vintage fusion and gemstone often wire wrapped jewelry.
2. What led you to take it up?
I don't really know. I just decided one day to try it, then decided one day to sell it. Not a very exciting answer I know!
3. Which part of your work do you most enjoy?
I love photography and photo editing, so I enjoy that almost as much as making the jewelry. I suppose I like finishing a piece of jewelry the most, that is pretty satisfying.
4. Which part do you find hardest?
For me the hardest part of what I do is the business end of it. I have nothing ready for taxes this year and I literally get a headache whenever I think about it. I find it fairly tedious to do inventory, etc. Who doesn't, right?
5. Where do you get your inspiration?
Everywhere really. The first spark of inspiration actually comes from materials.
I see gemstones and beads, I buy them, then they sit a bit until I see other materials I have or buy and then it just kind of comes together. I name the jewelry I make by either examining and really going with the first impression I receive when I look at it or what it reminds me of. I do base a lot of my jewelry on nature impressions. But I look to pop culture and the human experience for inspiration as well.
6. Do you participate in any etsy groups, and if so, which ones?
I am part of the NCTriangle Team which includes Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. I am woefully inactive though. I have 2 small boys and this business and I have to really find time to fit in anything else.
7. What's one material your shop can't live without?
Geez. ONE material?
I suppose it would be gem stones. A huge base of my business is gemstone jewelry.
8. What is your favorite item that you have purchased off of Etsy?
I have really purchased quite a bit and I love all of it. But I think my FAVORITE thing is the Cottonwood Necklace from Organikx. I wear it quite often, it is my "every day" necklace.
9. If I could sell one item from my shop today, it would be...
It would be my hand knotted Luxe Cinnamon and Sugar necklace. I usually only have one hand knotted necklace in my shop at a time for various reasons. I do find them relaxing to make though, so maybe I should have more! I love the gemstones in this necklace.
10. If I had enough money to pick one item on my wish list from any shop on etsy to buy, it would be...
Okay...without reason, the Anax Imperator Machina by Jesse Danger at $15,000
Within reason, Clevergirl's Peppermint earrings:
11. What are the top three favorite items currently listed in your store?
Customer favorites include:
Blue Pools Earrings:
12. What undiscovered artisans would you recommend the world to know?
She is somewhat discovered but the WORLD should know about her and she should be more discovered. Jewelsvine on Etsy.
Her metalwork is so awesome and unique I love everything in her shop. I have a Bubble Head Robot charm of hers and I adore him! His legs and arms move!
13. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Pressure. Pressure for a good answer. Okay I will just say the first thing that comes to mind out of all the loads of good advice I have received: